Bend, Oregon’s Deschutes Brewery Twilight Summer Ale won the 5th Annual Global Warming Open summer ale beer competition in Saratoga Springs, NY. Sixty four summer beers entered from across the country. Twilight defeated Wheat Whacker from Black Diamond Brewing of Concord, CA to claim the title.
The Global Warming Open is sponsored by the Brewing News. Previous rounds were held in Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse, NY
Other fallen foes included
- 420 (Sweetwater Brewing – Boulder, CO)
- Oberon (Bell’s Brewing – Kalamazoo,MI)
- Yellow Snow IPA (Rogue Brewing, Newport , OR)
- Road Trip (Sweetwater Brewing – Boulder, CO)
- Wisconsinite (Lakefront Brewery – Milwaukee, WI)
Pick one one from your local bottle shop, or ask them to bring some in.