KING5 and Evening Magazine run a Best of Western Washington popularity poll every year with massive amounts of categories that are still not precise enough, especially for beer-related “Bests.”
Best Beer Blog is not its own category, but instead it is tucked into a social media, Food Bloggers category. Why? Beer bloggers usually don’t blog about food.Anyway, it is time to give Kendall Jones a big shout out as having the Best Beer Blog in Western Washington, the Washington Beer Blog. I read it all the time. Note that his blog did not finish first in the category (#9 of 96), so he didn’t get the cool plaque. Some crummy recipe blogger gets that. Which makes no sense to me. That’s like putting brewpubs in with all the restaurants.
That said, guess who got the second most votes in the Food Blog category that is primarily a beer blogger – yep – you got it – Hoppy Trails Beer News! Right here.
“Hoppy Trails Beer News – Ranked #29 of 96 for Best Food Blog“
There are several other beer bloggers around here that I follow; Seattle Beer News, being another great source of local beer information.
The beer-related Top 5’s for this year are:
Best Beer Selection – Nightlife
- Parkway Tavern – Tacoma
- Trails End Taphouse & Restaurant – Snohomish
- Brouwer’s Cafe – Seattle
- Tap House Grill – Multiple Locations
- The Historic Mint Restaurant & Alehouse – Enumclaw
Best Brewpub – Nightife
- Silver City Restaurant & Brewery – Silverdale
- Diamond Knot Brewery & Alehouse – Mukilteo
- Big E Ales – Lynwood
- 7 Seas Brewing – Gig Harbor
- Elysian Brewing Company – Capitol Hill – Seattle
Best Beer Store – Specialty Food & Drink
- Pint Defiance Specialty Beers & Taproom – Tacoma
- Chuck’s Hop Shop – Multiple Locations
- The Beer Junction – Seattle
- 99 Bottles – Federal Way
- Norm’s Market – Lake Stevens
If you haven’t tried some of these places – please do. And keep reading the beer blogs!