The Seattle Boat Show is coming up soon. Normally that would not be big news for a craft beer blog, but in this case, the show is accompanied by a beer festival – Sails & Ales.
Here is the vital information provided by event organizers:
Sip Some Suds at Seattle Boat Show’s Craft Beer Night – Sails & Ales – February 5, 2016
SEATTLE – January 19, 2016 – What better combination than hops and props? That’s what the Seattle Boat Show has on tap for the second Friday of the show with its craft beer night, Sails & Ales. On Feb. 5th at CenturyLink Field Event Center showgoers will be able to taste and toast the very best in craft beers while shopping for the boat of their dreams or wandering the three acres of accessories exhibits. Have a thirst for an ESB and a PWC, an amber and an Avalon Pontoon, or lager and a Larson Runabout? Sails & Ales will serve up all of the above and more during this fun evening. The Seattle Boat Show opens on January 29th and runs through February 6th, 2016. Sails & Ales is a special one-night-only event.
Sails & Ales Craft Beer Lineup
On Friday Feb. 5th the show opens at 11am and Sails & Ales, presented by S3 Maritime, runs 5-9pm. Nine tasting stations will be set up throughout the indoor location at CenturyLink Field, offering craft beers from nine different artisan breweries plus a cidery including Bellevue, Elysian, Fremont, Georgetown, Hilliard’s, Maritime, Odin, Two Beers, Redhook and Schilling Cider.
Packages for Sails & Ales may be purchased online for $27 at http://www.seattleboatshow.com/buy-tickets.html. This price includes a single adult admission to the show valid throughout the day at both locations, plus a complimentary souvenir craft beer glass and six tasting tokens. Tickets for Sails & Ales will also be available at CenturyLink Field.
Beer and Cider Lineup
- Bellevue Brewing – Oatmeal Stout, Fresh Hop Ale, Bottom Pilsner
- Elysian – Immortal IPA, Loser Ale Pale, Men’s Room Red Ale
- Fremont Brewing – Universal Pale Ale, Session Pale Ale, Interurban IPA
- Georgetown Brewing – Lucille IPA, 9lb Porter, Eddie’s IPL
- Hilliard’s – Boom box IPA, Chrome Satan, Murdered Out Stout
- Odin Brewing – Freyas Gold Ale, Gift Amber Ale, Citra Fresh-Hop IPA
- Schilling Hard Cider – American Gold, Dry, Pomegranate Cranberry
- Red Hook Brewing – ESB, Black Hook Porter, False Start Session IPA
- Two Beers Brewing – Sodo Brown Ale, Evo IPA, Immersion Amber
About the Seattle Boat Show: Friday Jan. 29 – Saturday Feb. 6, 2016.
The show features two locations, 1,000 recreational watercraft and more than 400 exhibitors. There are more than three acres of the latest innovations in accessories, technology and boating gear on display indoors, plus 100 world-class yachts in their natural habitat on South Lake Union. A free shuttle runs between both locations. There are more than 200 free seminars during the 9 days of the show and advanced training classes for a fee through Boat Show University.
Friday, Jan. 29 – Saturday, Feb. 6, 2016
CenturyLink Field Event Center – 800 Occidental Avenue South, Seattle
South Lake Union – 901 Fairview Avenue N, Seattle
Free shuttle running continuously between both locations
|CenturyLink Field Event Center||South Lake Union|
|Monday – Thursday: 11 a.m. – 8 pm||Weekdays: 11 a.m. – 5 pm|
|Fridays: 11 am – 9 pm||Weekends: 10 am – 5 pm|
|Saturdays: 10 am – 8 pm
Sunday: 10 am – 6 pm
- Adults: $12; Youth (11-17): $5 – 5-Day BIG Pass $24
- Monday – Thursday after 5pm: $8 (And $5 parking after 5pm)
- Kids 10 & under: Free
NEW FOR 2016
- Purchase tickets online and receive $2 weekend parking at the Union Station Garage compliments of BECU.
- Tickets to Sails & Ales and Uncorked are $27 per night and include show admission, tasting tokens and a souvenir glass.
- For a complete list of exhibitors, seminars, travel packages and ticket prices, please visit www.SeattleBoatShow.com.
Seattle Boat Show is sponsored by GMC, Allstate Insurance Company, Basta Boatlifts, Peoples Bank, S3 Maritime, Boat Insurance Agency, BECU, SEA-DOO, Mercury Marine, Alaska USA Federal Credit Union, Voya Financial, Northwest Yachting Magazine, Worldmark by Wyndham, Global Marine Insurance Company, Inc.