The Great Pumpkin Beer Festival is this weekend. Like last year, it promises to be a fun-filled adventure through dozens of great pumpkin beers from near and far. Here is the word for the event organizers. The event is sold out for both days.
13TH ANNUAL GREAT PUMPKIN BEER FESTIVAL
Where: Seattle Center (305 Harrison Street Seattle, WA)
- Beers: During the festival, 80+ pumpkin beers (and a few additional surprises) will be poured from brewers across the country, including about 20 from Elysian’s own pumpkin-crazed brewers.
- Giant Pumpkin: The Elysian team will tap farmer Joel Holland’s winning Great Pumpkin Weigh-Off 1,790 pound pumpkin (a record!) that has been scooped, scorched, sealed and conditioned, and finally filled with pumpkin beer and tapped for all attendees to enjoy.
- Festival Theme: Guests are encouraged to embrace the color of the festival – orange – in every way, shape and form, and Pumpkin Fest judges will be roaming the crowds to select and award the most festive attendees with a thirst-quenching prize.
- Giving Back: New to GPBF this year, Elysian is partnering with Fred Hutch. We are incredibly proud to say that 100% of the proceeds from GPBF will be provided to Fred Hutch in our joint and continued quest to search for the cure.
RUN OF SHOW & KEY MOMENTS
FRIDAY, SEPT. 29
- 4:00 PM – General Admission Gates Open; procession soon to follow
- 7:30 PM – 1,790 lbs. Giant Pumpkin tapping at Pumpkin Alter with Chaotic Noise
- 10:00 PM – Event ends
SATURDAY, SEPT. 30
- 2:00 PM – General Admission Gates Open; procession soon to follow
ABOUT ELYSIAN BREWING
While Elysian’s brewers create a number of unusual and unique brews, the brewery is notorious for its pumpkin beer series, specifically Night Owl Pumpkin Ale, Great Pumpkin Imperial Pumpkin Ale, Punkuccino Coffee Pumpkin Ale, and Dark o’ the Moon Pumpkin Stout.