May 30, 2013 – The 8th Annual Washington Brewers Festival is just over two weeks away. 74 Washington craft breweries that will be on hand at King County’s Marymoor Park in Redmond, the weekend of June 14-16. Washington breweries will occupy all 74 of the available pouring stations this year, making this the largest Washington-only craft beer festival ever! The Festival kicks off on Friday, June 14, from 4pm to 9pm, with more than 50 of these breweries on hand. All 72 breweries will then be on-site pouring more than 250 unique craft beers on Saturday from 11am to 9pm and Sunday from 11am to 6pm. More than 18,000 attendees are expected for this Father’s Day weekend celebration at the picturesque Marymoor Park venue. Although Washington Beer is the star of the show, there will be great live music and local food trucks as well! Complete details, including the 250+ beer lineup, will be available at washingtonbeer.com in the coming weeks.
- Friday, June 14, 4 – 9pm- 21-and-over only
- Saturday, June 15, 11am – 9pm- All ages
- Sunday, June 16, 11am – 6pm- All ages
- King County’s Marymoor Park
- 6046 W Lake Sammamish Parkway NE, Redmond, WA
- There is a $5 on-site parking fee (just $1 on Friday).
- Carpooling is strongly encouraged. Metro Bus service is available from Seattle to within a mile of the venue.
- $15 advance tickets/at the door. Friday admission includes a tasting cup and 4 tasting tokens. (Friday advance tickets available online only)
- 21+ only
Saturday & Sunday
- $20 advance tickets ($25 online after May 31) or $25 at the door
- Admission includes a tasting cup and 6 tasting tokens
- Advance tickets are available online and at local outlets.
- All Ages – Those under 21 admitted free (must be accompanied by a parent)
Designated Drivers – Designated driver admission is $5 and available at the gate only. It includes complimentary water, root beer and the entertainment.
The Festival is a celebration of world class beer brewed here in Washington, offering a great variety of craft beer including many NW style hoppy beers, refreshing summer seasonal brews and hard-to-find rarities. Friday, select Washington breweries will be open (40+ breweries) with many offering Friday-exclusive beers. Saturday and Sunday will feature the full 74 brewery lineup with more than 250 beers on tap.
Back this year is the Buzz Cart, a unique beer bar that will tap special premium kegs at different times each day of the festival.
WIN A BOAT
Swing by the Seattle Boat Show display at the Washington Brewers Festival for a chance to win a 21-foot Sun Chaser Pontoon Boat. Simply snap a photo of the boat at the festival, post it to your social network with the hashtag #iwantaboat and you’re entered to win that boat! Details at SeattleBoatShow.com/iWantABoat .
In addition to the spectacular beer selection for dads the Festival offers many activities for the young ones including bouncy toys and a kids’ craft tent where they can make Fathers Day gifts. In addition Washington Beer’s own root beer garden will serve up premium craft root beer brewed by local breweries.
This year’s Cider & Wine Tasting Tent will feature Washington cider makers, a mead maker and a nice selection of wine on tap from Vessel Wine company.
From funk, alt-country rock to blues, just like the beer selection the Festival’s music lineup also features an eclectic blend of the Northwest musical talents. And don’t miss the BEVMO! Keg Toss on Saturday and Sunday.
Fantastic offerings including locally renowned Skillet and other favorite food trucks making for delicious pairings with Washington Beer!